LoudMax is a Look-Ahead Brickwall Loudness Maximizer Plugin with a clean transparent sound. It is designed to retain the original character of the music as much as possible even at high compression levels.
VST Plugin v1.22 for Windows PC 32/64bit
VST Plugin v1.22 for Mac OS X 32/64bit (OS 10.5 or higher)
AU Plugin v1.22 for Mac OS X 32/64bit (OS 10.5 or higher)
LADSPA Plugin v1.22 for Linux x86 32/64bit
Winamp Plugin v1.22
GUI-less VST Plugin v1.22 for Windows PC 32/64bit
Winamp Plugin v1.22 32/64bit (zipped dll)
Please note the disclaimer on the right!
Release notes v1.22:
- Fixed compiler-dependent rounding errors on all platforms
- Slightly improved algorithm
- 5.1 support for the LADSPA plugin
- Updated compilers: Increased performance under Windows and MacOS
- Support for MacOS older than 10.5 and PowerPC dropped
Main range of application:
- Audio Mastering
- Output Limiter/Maximizer for web radio stations
- One slider for threshold, one for the output level
- Meters for input, output and gain reduction in relation to the desired threshold
- Fader link: Output fader will be coupled to threshold fader. Klick on "Link"
- Supported Samplerates: 2kHz - 384kHz
- Latency, Look-Ahead and Attack Time: 1.25ms
- Release Time: Automatic - depending on the input signal
- No audible distortion
- Possible overdrive: 740dB
- Very low CPU usage
LoudMax is available as VST 2.4 Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X, Audio Unit Plugin for Mac OS X, LADSPA Plugin for Linux x86 and as Winamp Plugin.
The Mac OS X Plugins are "Universal Binaries" with support for Intel Mac.
The Audio Unit version was built with Symbiosis from NuEdge Development.
The Linux Plugin has no meters since LADSPA doesn´t support a custom GUI. But it supports 5.1 surround modes. See README file in the LADSPA zip package for further informations.
The Winamp Plugin also supports 5.1 surround. Built-in stereo overdrive protection avoids distortions in a subsequent stereo downmix.
The Winamp Plugin has a simplified user interface. Only one slider for adjusting the maximum amplification. The maximum output level is 0dB.
The GUI was designed by LimeFlavour based on the idea and colorscheme of Sinkmusic.
Thanks to Hannes Druener for using his MacBook and testing.